New Rolling Stone article out Monday.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to

1. Ben Howard says:

Alex,

Enjoyed your article on gay teens and private Christian schools.

Having been raised in a conservative, Christian environment myself, it wasn’t an easy task to tell my parents (particularly my mom) I was gay. We continue to argue about it. It’s a shame she doesn’t understand that I don’t choose to be attracted to males. The bit on Romans 1:18-27 was great to read about.

It was very easy for me to relate to Tristan and the other kids you wrote about in the article. It’s nice to know that there are kids who are struggling in the same situation as me.

Thanks for the support and understanding.

Ben,
    18,
    SD, CA

2. jalexmorris says:

Hi Ben,

Thanks so much for reading the article–and for your kind words. It’s a pleasure to hear from you.

Also, I’m actually working on another article right now that pertains (in part) to some of the same issues, and I’d love to chat with you about it briefly to get your thoughts. Would that be possible?

Best,
    Alex

• Ben Howard says:

Alex,

Of course! However I can help, just let me know.

Ben

• jalexmorris says:

Oh my goodness, Ben, I’m so sorry! I’m just now seeing this (rarely check this account). Anyway, would you maybe want to chat on the phone some time in the next few days? Or over Skype? That way I can tell you more about this new article and see if you’re still interested…

xx
        Alex

• Ben Howard says:

Alex,

A phone call would work, as I don’t remember the last time I used my Skype account. How would we go about exchanging numbers?

Ben

• Ben Howard says:

I’ve got your number saved, so you can go ahead and delete that now. Is tonight a good night to speak for you? How long will the phone call take?

• jalexmorris says:

Hmmm…depends on if you want to be interviewed and think you’d be a good person to speak to some of these issues. If so, could take 20-30 minutes…Tonight’s a bit late for me (East Coast time), but would some time tomorrow or Friday work for you?

• Ben Howard says:

That all sounds good to me. Thursday any time after 6 pm San Diego time is okay for me. Friday morning is also okay. Can I message the number you provided me so we can touch base via text?

3. jalexmorris says:

Yes, that would be great. Let’s do Friday morning your time. Just me know when the best time to call would be. And THANK YOU!